Home Forums MikroC Pro for PIC Project Discussions keypad input problem.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bitahwa Bindu 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

bethel
    Participant

After building the temperatures control project everything worked fine except the keypad that inputs ‘3’ on its own without being pressed while other keys dosnt work, after several process of trouble shooting which includes detaching the keypad which would cause it to stop inputting  ‘3’ but if I touch any of the terminals on the pic18f…where the keypad is connected to with my finger it continues inputting ‘3’. Please help my project defence is just few day away.

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

Can  you post the circuit diagram, screenshot of your hardware and the source code of your project we can have a look at it.

bethel
    Participant

The simulation on Proteus is working fine but on my practical work am having challenges sir.

bethel
    Participant

Here are the files

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

bethel
    Participant

Sorry  plz this is the correct schematic

Attachments:

Bitahwa Bindu
      Keymaster

Where is the picture of your physical hardware?

Please post the full code, not just the c file. You must zip all your files together.

bethel
    Participant

Here is the zipped file sir

bethel
    Participant

File

Attachments:

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

You said you are experiencing your problem after you built your project. How are we going to guess what could be wrong if the simulation works fine? We need at least to look close at your construction. That is why we asked you a photo of your project.

Can you upload it?

bethel
    Participant

Sorry for the delay, the pics was actually bigger the the required size of upload, I was figuring a way of minimizing it. Thanks

Attachments:

bethel
    Participant

Please am still very expectant of a solution to this issue as I have been working hard to find a solution but haven’t gotten any yet. Please help

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

In your code below ANSELD = 1; write these code:

LATB=0;

Check all your connections on the keypad and make sure your keypad is not making any contact if not pressed. Check continuity between column 3 and all the rows line. If you don’t press 3, they must not be any continuity.

If possible, try to test with a different keypad.

bethel
    Participant

Thank you sir,  I have resolved the issue, in simulation resistors are only required in the colums while in real hard ware resistors are required in both rows and columns of the keypad.

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

Hi Thanks for your feedback, it will assist others as well if they come across the same problem as you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.