Home Forums MPLAB XC8 Project Discussions Unable to create project in Mplabx

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bitahwa Bindu 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

shubh
    Participant

Hello, I have been following your tutorials on youtube for MPlabx .I recently installed mplabx v4.0 and I am pretty new to it.I followed your steps creating new project as given in your youtube video:
    1-CreateD standalone project.
    2-I CHOSE ADVANCE PIC 18 MICROCONTROLLER PIC18F4550.
    3-THEN I CHOSE XC8 COMPILER
    4-GIVEN NAME TO MY PROJECT AND CHOOSE MY DIRECTORY
    (PROBLEM)5-WHEN I CLICK FINISH IT SHOW S ERROR ‘INVALID REFSPEC/REF/HEADS/\**’ AND WHEN I SELECT PROJECT IN THE DIRECTORY ,THEN IN THE PROJECT THERE IS FOLDER CALLED NB PROJECT AND NOTHING OPENS IN MPLABX .PLEASE  HELP me.
    THANK YOU

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

Can you post a screenshot of your last two steps: When you choose a directory and the error message.

shubh
      Participant

screenshot 20 comes after click finish.

the project created contains a folder named nbproject which is empty.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Bitahwa Bindu
      Keymaster

Where is the screenshot of the error you are getting?

shubh
    Participant

In screenshot 20 when I choose finish after choosing my project directory and name I get this at the bottom just above the finish and then nothing happens “Invalid refspec ref\heads\/**”.In last screenshot when iI go to the directory of the project for example (pk.x) when I open the project I get this folder named ‘nbproject’ and when I open nbproject nothing happens.      Like in the video when we create project and press finish a new project opens in the mplabx screen opens but nothing opens for me.

Bitahwa Bindu
      Keymaster

I don’t know what could be the problem, It’s very strange and I cannot reproduce that error on my side.

Maybe it’s JAVA issues, but I have no clue. Please write that question in Microchip Forum

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.