digital clock using pic microcontrollers (need help)

Home Forums MikroC Pro for PIC Project Discussions digital clock using pic microcontrollers (need help)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Message Body:
      Dear Student campaign team

In this link one of your projects which is about developing a real digital clock:
      https://www.studentcompanion.co.za/digital-clock-using-pic-microcontroller-and-the-ds1307-real-time-clock-mikroc/

in this project you used a pic18F2026, however, i only have a pic18f4550 therefore, i was wondering if you could tell me what to change in the project since it is a different pic but they are the same family. i also would like to implement an alarming system with the clock
      or if possible could you provide me the contact of the original developer of the project.

thank you and i look forward to hearing from you soon

kind regards, Rahaf

Bitahwa BinduBitahwa Bindu
      Keymaster

Hi, sorry for the late reply, your topic was held-up for moderation due to the wrong link you posted. We only saw it now.

I am not sure if your question is still relevant or you have already found the solution.

If you are using the PIC18F4550, you can still use this project with some minor modifications.

1. The first thing you will need to connect your external components correctly using the PIC18F4550 corresponding pins which might be on different pins, this is a 40 pin MCU while the PIC18F2620 is a 28 pin. For example the oscillator still on OSC1 and OSC2 but now on pins 14 and 13. Now your SDA and SCL for your DS1307 are now on RB0 and RB1, so if you still need to connect the LCD on PORTB, you can’t use RB0 and RB1, you can now start from RB2 or connect it to PORTD which is free.
      2. Change the configuration bits, in Project Menu, click on Edit project, change your MCU to use the PIC18F4550, if there is any other thing you would like to change here in oscillator or other configuration bits, you can do it here. Don’t forget to set the correct clock frequency used by your crystal oscillator.
      3.  In your code, change the LCD module connections to the correct pins where you now connected your lcd
      4. The rest of the code is more or less the same.
      5. If it doesn’t work, let us know more what’s the problem.
      6. What do you mean by alarm system?
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Select your currency
ZARSouth African rand
EUR Euro