- 07/12/2019 at 16:02 #6004
Can you please help me
I am having problem connecting LCD (LMB162GBY), I have code (from flowcode V5, attached) just to display word on LCD, and I have loaded to the microcontroller PIC18F45K22 but the LCD is not displaying
When I run it in proteus it is showing and I have connected as it is in proteus. I tried different LCDs but all not working.
- 08/12/2019 at 00:10 #6006
Please always zip your file before uploading them. Your Flowcode file was not uploaded because it was not zipped.
- 08/12/2019 at 01:26 #6007
Hi, There are 2 things you did wrong in your code.
- The LCD start Macro must always be called one in your code to initialize your LCD. You only need to initialize it once. You must remove it and place it outside the While (1) loop at the Top of your code, just below the OSCCON C code icon.
- You are clearing your LCD after 500ms, this is too fast, you won’t be able to read anything. With an LED you can see it blink but the lcd needs its won delays to display. Increase this delay to be able to see something. Or remove the clear Macro and see if the LCD will display something before yo can put it back if needed.
If you still struggle, please upload your new code here in the forum, and zip it so it won’t be blocked by the server.
- 09/12/2019 at 12:13 #6008
It’s still not working
Can you please debug the code so that I can see where I wen wrong?
- 09/12/2019 at 14:50 #6009
- 10/12/2019 at 15:21 #6011
Hi, the project you have uploaded now is not the project you had problem with in the past. It’s always good to resolve one problem before you jump to the other. We were busy trying to figure out why the first simple project with LCD and LED was not working, now you are uploading a full different project.
You must resolve a simple thing first before you work on the complex one so that you can isolate the problems.
When you say it’s still not working, are you referring top the old project or this new project?
I gave you some few tips of what could be the problem in the first project, so it’s logical we go through those tips until it works before you jump to a more complex problem, otherwise I will be wasting my time jumping into projects.
Does your project works in Proteus? Or it doesn’t work both in Proteus simulation and in hardware?
I couldn’t open your Proteus simulation file, it says it was made with Proteus 8.8, we are using Proteus 8.6. An older version can’t open an newer version.
Please post your original Flowcode v5 project so that we can work on it form where we left it off so that we can resolve the LCD issue instead of complicating issues with this bigger project.
- 10/12/2019 at 23:47 #6012
Thanks so much Sir,
In fact my target is the complex circuit that I have sent.
The problem has been the same: LCD not working. I decided to build a simple circuit with LCD and see what caused it not work. From there I can have an idea of why is not working on the other one.
I have followed the instruction you gave but still not working. Though in proteus works
So, please find the attached flowcode V5 of it and the snap of the (working) circuit in proteus.
Thanks so much!
- 11/12/2019 at 00:07 #6015
- 11/12/2019 at 13:01 #6017
[PIC18] PC=0x022E. The SCSx bits have been set. This feature is not modelled – the model continues to clock itself as before. [U1]’
That is the message I get from proteus, on physical LCD and LED not work.
In proteus only LCD shows
- 11/12/2019 at 18:21 #6019
Please post the screenshot of Flowcode oscillator configurations and Proteus schematic and error message.
- 12/12/2019 at 12:29 #6026
- 12/12/2019 at 12:34 #6030
- 12/12/2019 at 14:06 #6032
Did you read the message I posted earlier on that you should change the oscillator settings from LP to internal and activate the MCLR? The screenshot you are sending suggests that you didn’t do that because it’s still as before. So what did you do?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.