Flowcode V5- LCD

Home Forums Flowcode Tutorial Discussions Flowcode V5- LCD

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi
      Can you please help me

I am having problem connecting LCD (LMB162GBY), I have code (from flowcode V5, attached) just to display word on LCD, and I have loaded to the microcontroller PIC18F45K22 but the LCD is not displaying
      When I run it in proteus it is showing and I have connected as it is in proteus. I tried different LCDs but all not working.

Thanks

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Bitahwa BinduBitahwa Bindu
      Keymaster

Please always zip your file before uploading them. Your Flowcode file was not uploaded because it was not zipped.

Keymaster

Hi, There are 2 things you did wrong in your code.

1. The LCD start Macro must always be called one in your code to initialize your LCD. You only need to initialize it once. You must remove it and place it outside the While (1) loop at the Top of your code, just below the OSCCON C code icon.
      2. You are clearing your LCD after 500ms, this is too fast, you won’t be able to read anything. With an LED you can see it blink but the lcd needs its won delays to display. Increase this delay to be able to see something. Or remove the clear Macro and see if the LCD will display something before yo can put it back if needed.

If you still struggle, please upload your new code here in the forum, and zip it so it won’t be blocked by the server.

Participant

It’s still not working
      Can you please debug the code so that I can see where I wen wrong?

Participant

The attached is the ZIP file. The LCD is not working I don’t know if there is something wrong with the code

Attachments:
      Keymaster

Hi, the project you have uploaded now is not the project you had problem with in the past. It’s always good to resolve one problem before you jump to the other. We were busy trying to figure out why the first simple project with LCD and LED was not working, now you are uploading a full different project.

You must resolve a simple thing first before you work on the complex one so that you can isolate the problems.

When you say it’s still not working, are you referring top the old project or this new project?

I gave you some few tips of what could be the problem in the first project, so it’s logical we go through those tips until it works before you jump to a more complex problem, otherwise I will be wasting my time jumping into projects.

Does your project works in Proteus? Or it doesn’t work both in Proteus simulation and in hardware?

I couldn’t open your Proteus simulation file, it says it was made with Proteus 8.8, we are using Proteus 8.6. An older version can’t open an newer version.

Please post your original Flowcode v5 project so that we can work on it form where we left it off so that we can resolve the LCD issue instead of complicating issues with this bigger project.

Participant

Thanks so much Sir,

In fact my target is the complex circuit that I have sent.

The problem has been the same: LCD not working.  I decided to build a simple circuit with LCD and see what caused it not work. From there I can have an idea of why is not working on the other one.

I have followed the instruction you gave but still not working. Though in proteus works

So,   please find the attached flowcode V5 of it and the snap of the (working) circuit in proteus.

Thanks so much!

Attachments:
      Keymaster
      1. In project options, change the Oscillator Selection bits from LP oscillator to Internal Oscillator block.
      2. Enable the MCLR pin as well.

Please see attached the image for the configuration bits yo need to change.

Attachments:
      Participant

[PIC18] PC=0x022E. The SCSx bits have been set. This feature is not modelled – the model continues to clock itself as before. [U1]’

That is the message I get from proteus, on physical LCD and LED not work.

In proteus only LCD shows

Keymaster

Please post the screenshot of Flowcode oscillator configurations and Proteus schematic and error message.

Participant

Please find the attached, sorry for the delay. The load shedding this side is another issue.

Thanks

Attachments:
      Participant

PFA
      Error message

Attachments:
      Keymaster

Did you read the message I posted earlier on that you should change the oscillator settings from LP to internal and activate the MCLR? The screenshot you are sending suggests that you didn’t do that because it’s still as before. So what did you do?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Select your currency
ZARSouth African rand
EUR Euro