Forums MikroC Pro for PIC Project Discussions How to interface GSM module with PIC16F887 using MikroC for PIC

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  manpasu 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

manpasu
    Participant

Hello, I followed one of your tutorials on how to send SMS with PIC using Mikroe IDE, I used three diodes in series but it didn’t work, I tried using voltage divider which still didn’t work. I then tried using voltage level shifter, max232, I connected the Tx and Rx pins of the microcontroller as shown in the attached image. It didn’t work but when try sending sms using the same module with Arduino it works fine. Can you help figure out why it’s not sending SMS please?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

Hi

I don’t see a microcontroller on that image. You can’t connect a PIC microcontroller Tx and Rx pins to Max232 to control a GSM module. You only use the MAX232 if you are going to control your GSM from a Computer.

Before using circuit found on internet, try to read and understand them, you might damage your devices.

If you want to control it form a microcontroller only a voltage level translator is required.

manpasu
    Participant

Thank you. The Tx and Rx are coming from PIC not PC, sorry I uploaded wrong photo. How do make a voltage level translator?? Or which do you suggest? I tried using three diodes in sets as in your tutorial but the output voltage almost doubled and didn’t work as well. Or is there anyspecific type of diode to use?

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

You said you tried a bunch of things and all of them didn’t work, but your are not showing us what you tried, how you tried them, you just posted a wrong photo that you downloaded in some website, you are not showing your code, your actual schematic, the PIC used… They might be a lot of reasons why your project is not working and maybe the problem is not even what you think.

How can we assist when you are providing no information? We can’t guess.

manpasu
    Participant

alright. Here are the screenshot of the codes and the sketch.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

Your connections are completely wrong. You must connect it as shown in this article: https://www.studentcompanion.co.za/interfacing-gsm-gprs-modem-with-pic-microcontroller-mikroc/

manpasu
    Participant

Alright. Thanks, I will get back to you as soon as I implement the connection

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.