Oops! It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. In order for you to see this page as it is meant to appear, we ask that you please re-enable your Javascript!

How use f_write in Fatfs library to save data

Home Forums MPLAB XC8 Tutorial Discussions How use f_write in Fatfs library to save data

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bitahwa Bindu 6 months ago.

• Author

MiguelParra
    Participant

Hello my question is short, I am using the FatFs library: ¿how can I write data in the .txt file?, not words. For example, analog-to-digital conversion data is obtained.

I just need to know how I use the f_write function to put a floating number in the .txt file. i tried changing the float to char, but it does not work.

Thank you for yours respons

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

It explained in the tutorial, replace “buff” which is the pointer to the data to be written with your variable containing your data (your floating point data).

Change the “Hello world …” with your variable.

MiguelParra
      Participant

thank you for your answer.

i did it, but the problem is the number of the bytes to write in the SD. it’s necessary to put in this place the exact quantity.

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

You can find out how many bytes are in the Float. The other best option so that your data can be readable is to convert it to string, use the function sprintf()  to convert Float to string then use The  f_printf  function writes formatted string to the file.

MiguelParra
      Participant

Thank you very much for responding again.

I have already managed to write data of 5 bytes, changing them to a variable type “char” and sending the address of this variable.

Now I have had problems simulating. usually the file is created and the data is stored correctly, but in some occasions the image used in the simulation is damaged and the .txt file can not be opened.

Software: MPLAB x IDE v4.05
      simulation software: MPLAB x IDE v4.05
      program to create and view the image of SD memory: Winimage

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

MiguelParra
      Participant

Simulation software: proteus 8 *

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

Hi. Good to hear that at least you are managing to write data correctly. Unfortunately our knowledge with winimage is very limited. You can’t advise you why the file gets corrupt. Maybe you can get a better response from winimage Forum or support.

How are you simulating the SD card with MPLAB X IDE?

MiguelParra
      Participant

the simulation is done in proteus 8.

thanks for everything. see you soon.

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.