Forums MPLAB XC8 Project Discussions LCD INTERFACE

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bitahwa Bindu 2 months ago.

• Author

Fernando
    Participant

hello, I tried to do as follows in the video> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2VPLtELzZ4&t=478s, however I came across some errors, such as “main.c: 125: warning: (520) function” _DelayXLCD “is never called”, I’m using PIC18F4550, 48Mhz, Mplabx v4.10, xc8 v1.45. already link to the peripheral library. and one detail, my teacher has always advised to change the ROM RANGES to 010-7ff, this in project properties> xc8 linker> Memory model. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Fernando
    Participant

follows the message error

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Fernando.
    Attachments:

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

There is something wrong with your project. Did you zip the whole project correctly? MPLAB doesn’t recognize your project as a valid project.

Right-click your project and select Package to zip correctly your project. Then upload it.

Write as well your MPLAB X and XC8 versions you are using.

Fernando
    Participant

strange as it opened here normally. I’m using version 1.45 of xc8 and version v4.10 of Mplabx

Attachments:

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

We compiled your project and it builds successfully without any error in our computer. You don’t need to include #include “xlcd.h” and #include “delays.h” as they are already inside the Peripheral Library.

As long as you linked the Peripheral Library as you claimed so, this project should build without any error.

See screenshots attached.

Attachments:

Fernando
    Participant

I just tested, compiled without errors, I set the circuit, and only the last letter of the phrase “hello wolrd. LCD display”, that is, just oy, and strange, so the solution was simple, instead of playing the RW for GND I threw it to RB6 and it worked perfectly. and just to say, you are incredible, both for the super well explained video lesson and for the patience and willingness to help, continue on this path and success for you. Thank you very much.

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.