This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bitahwa Bindu 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

jayeshter
    Participant

HI SIR,  i uploaded header afile , c file and circuit please look over it

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

I said you must upload the full zipped project so that I can build it on my side. not individual files. Zip the whole project directory. including the image of your circuit diagram.

jayeshter
    Participant

hi sir. i am uploading the full zip file..

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  jayeshter.
    Attachments:

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

Here are your error:

1. In the header file: newxc8_header.h you define the frequency as 160MHz (#define _XTAL_FREQ 160000000) if you are intending to use 16MHz, delete one zero.
    2. In your main C file: newmain.C you are defining again the configuration bits. Why? other you delete the header file and configure everything in the main C file or you delete #pragma config in main C because you have done already in header file.
    3. In your main C file: newmain.C why you are defining again the frequency? because you hav edone so already in header file. And you are defining it again wrong: #define _XTAL_FREQ 1600000008 is 1.6GHz not 16MHz. You must be careful with your zeros.
    4. You must include the header file in your main C file. write this code on top of your main file: #include “newxc8_header.h”
    5. The delays you used are for 8MHz like in our example, you must calculate for 16MHZ. Write these delays in your code:void DelayFor18TCY( void ) //18 cycles delay
      {
      Delay10TCYx(20);
      // Nop( ); Nop( ); Nop( ); Nop( ); // 18 cycle delay
      //Nop( ); Nop( ); Nop( ); Nop( );
      //Nop( ); Nop( ); Nop( ); Nop( );
      //Nop( ); Nop( );
      //return;
      }

void DelayPORXLCD (void) // Delay of 15ms
      {
      Delay1KTCYx(60);
      // __delay_ms(15);
      }

void DelayXLCD (void) // Delay of 5ms
      {
      Delay1KTCYx(20);
      // __delay_ms(5);
      }

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

Please find attached a working project:

Attachments:

jayeshter
    Participant

HI SIR, i have modified the codes as per you said. i added header file in the main c file.and clock freeq changed and defined in header file.then also its not working . and i even changed the pic and lcd displyay. something went wrong here. i could’t find it. i am sending the modified full zip file here. can you please heck it? i am sending the pic of lcd display as well

Attachments:

Bitahwa Bindu
    Keymaster

You clearly did not follow the instructions.

1. Set correctly the oscillator frequency as explained. You are still setting it to 160MHz instead of 16MHz.
    2.  make sure the low voltage programming is set to false as you had it in your first project: #pragma config LVP = OFF // Low-Voltage ICSP Enable bit (Low-Voltage ICSP disabled)
    3.  Your delays, change  void DelayFor18TCY( void ) //18 cycles delay
      {
      //Delay10TCYx(20);
      Nop( ); Nop( ); Nop( ); Nop( ); // 18 cycle delay
      Nop( ); Nop( ); Nop( ); Nop( );
      Nop( ); Nop( ); Nop( ); Nop( );
      Nop( ); Nop( );
      return;
      }

to

void DelayFor18TCY( void ) //18 cycles delay
    {
    Delay10TCYx(20);
    }

You can see we commented out all the nop statements.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.