PIC18 legacy peripheral library

Home Forums MPLAB XC8 Tutorial Discussions PIC18 legacy peripheral library

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi

I’m watching the “Interfacing a LCD Display”” tutorial n. 5.

I’ve downloaded “PIC18F Legacy Peripheral Libraries v2.0 – Windows” from the Microchip site.

Then I’ve installed it in the v 2.05 folder of my XC8 compiler.

I’ve tried your code but my compiler doesn’t find delay.h file and gives me several errors regarding library functions.

I think I have to add  the library in my project but I don’t know how.

Can you help me?

Cheers

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Bitahwa BinduBitahwa Bindu
      Keymaster

Hi, Please note that PIC18 Peripheral legacy is no longer supported with the latest XC8 compiler from version v2.00 even if you download it separately and install it into your compiler directory, it still wont recognize it.

You have three options:

1. Download an older version of XC8 compiler, any version before v2.00, like v1.4x and then install the Legacy peripheral Library. In project settings, link the peripheral library.
      2. Download the last XC8 compiler that had the peripheral library inside its installation file so your don’t have to download separately peripheral library. This is the recommended option to use the peripheral library. The last version was XC8 v1.34
      3. As Microchip is phasing out the peripheral library, it’s always a good idea not to start a new project using this peripheral library only when maintaining existing projects. Microchip recommends MPLAB Code Configurator (MCC)  for new projects, it supports a wide range of PIC familly like PIC10F, PIC16F, PIC18F, PIC14F, PIC32 unlike the PIC18F peripheral library which supports only PIC18F series. Use a different LCD library and configure the rest of your peripherals with MCC, in this video we use a different a simple LCD library: https://youtu.be/4WaB_Lj8FnY

Note: You can download and install different versions of XC8 compilers in your computer at the same time with no problem. You don’t have to uninstall the current one. You can have more than one. When you start a new project or in project settings, there is an option to select the version you want to use for that project.

Participant

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I’ll use a simple LCD library since I have to use a PIC18F4580 for my project and it’s not supported by MCC.

Cheers

Participant

hi guys

I have a problem with MP lab  v5.30 I  have errors  whenever I run my code and I am stuck on the interfacing of the  LCD because i cannot find the LCD library or  write a specific code for the LCD . I tried to download  the PIC18F legacy peripheral library to solve the issue but still negative. therefore I don’t know what to do  now so that I can be able to process with the rest of the video (MP lab Xc8 video 5)

please can someone help  or assist me ?

Attached is my code errors and a part of the code

please assist me

Attachments:
      Keymaster

What is the PIC model you are using?

What is the XC8 version you are using? The version of XC8 compiler not MPLAB.

Those errors you are getting, is the peripheral library not detected in your compiler.

Participant

Hi

I am using the PIC18F2620 and MP lab XC8 version is 5.30.

the peripheral library is not detected and I tried to download the MP LAB Code Configurator to help me  with some libraries

but it is giving me this warning:

WARNING: The project’s device is not supported by the currently loaded libraries. All library versions are available for download on the MCC website. http://www.microchip.com/mcc

can you please assist me ?

Keymaster

You are still not answering the question, the version 5.30 is MPLAB X IDE version, it’s not the XC8 compiler version. You can only install the Peripheral library in older compiler versions version 1.45 and earlier. But if you download XC8 version 1.34 or earlier, you won’t need to install the peripheral library as it’s already included.

You can’t use MPLAB Code Configurator with the PIC18F2620, this is a very old PIC model, MPLAB Code Configurator only supports relatively newer PIC microcontrollers.

This video ADC and LCD with MPLAB Code Configurator explains how to install the Legacy Peripheral Library.

Participant

hi

thank for replying , the version is 5.30 for XC8 Compiler and is the same as MP Lab IDE .

I am now fine with that question or issue of the PIC18F legacy  peripheral library  but I now encounter another issue after watching video 6 (Analog to Digital converter ).

i have an error that says  :

<span>ADCmain.c:75:: error: (237) function “_main” redefined
      (908) exit status = 1</span>

can you please assist me

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Avatarbinene82.
      Attachments:
      Keymaster

Video 6 does not use MPLAB Code Configurator, but the code you are posting has includes of MPLAB Code C0nfigurator, so clearly you are not posting the correct info. How can we assist you when you don’t post full info? And you are saying the MPLAB IDE and XC8 all have versions 5.30 That’s is totally wrong, the current latest XC8 version is 2.10, how can you say you are using version 5.30? where did you download it because it does not exist. Don’t confuse MPLAB X IDE with XC8 compiler.

If you can’t provide correct information, I’m sorry we can’t assist you because we can’t guess which tools you are using so that we can replicate your problem.

When you ask question in a forum, always post the PIC model you are using, the MPLAB X IDE and XC8 versions you are using, the main code and the full error message. If possible, post your zipped project as well.

Participant

Hi

Regarding the video 6 , I  tried to solve the problem by restarting my code even though it is not recommended , but I apologize again for not sending all my documents  whenever I needed help  from you .

I am using MP lab IDE V 5.30 and  my XC8  version 2.10 but what I said last time  it was  totally wrong because I thought that  IDE (IPE) and  XC8 have the same version.

Actually I  am trying to do tutorial 9 on  interfacing the Matrix keypad but it is giving me errors after typing the whole code from student companion

can you asssit me

Attached is the code for tutor 9

Participant

Attached is my code for tutorial 9

thank you

Participant

here is the c file
      <div><span>/*
      * File:   Matrix_Keypad.c
      * Author: Nathan
      * Created on 21 February 2020, 9:45 PM
      */
      #include <stdio.h>
      #include <stdlib.h>
      #include <xc.h>
      #include “Matrix_Keypad.h”</span></div>
      <div><span>#define high 1
      #define low 0
      #define  ROW1port    LATBbits.LATB0=0
      #define  ROW2port    LATBbits.LATB1=0
      #define  ROW3port    LATBbits.LATB2=0
      #define  ROW4port    LATBbits.LATB3=0
      #define  COLUM1port   PORTBbits.RB4=1
      #define  COLUM2port   PORTBbits.RB5=1
      #define  COLUM3port   PORTBbits.RB6=1</span></div>
      <div><span> unsigned char old_key,key;
      unsigned char Seven_seg[4]={0x3F,0x06,0x5B,0x4F};
      void kbd_int()
      {
      INTCON2bits.NOT_RBPU= 1; // pull up disable
      OSCCON=0X76 ; // CONFIGURATION FOR THE INTERNAL OSCILLATOR
      TRISA=0X00;  // output seven segment connected
      TRISB=0X00; // port used for the keypad
      TRISB=0XF0;  // port used for the keypad (input( RB4-RB7) and output( RB0-RB3))

}
      char const KeyPadMatrix[]=
      {
      ‘1’,’2′,’3′,
      ‘4’,’5′,’6′,
      ‘7’,’8′,’9′,
      ‘*’,’0′,’#’,
      0xFF

};
      int kbd_getc()
      {
      char Key = 0 ,old_key;
      char  row ;
      for (row=0b00000001;row<0b00010000;row<<=1)
      {

{
      // turn on output
      ROW1port= (row & 0001)>>0;
      ROW2port= (row & 0002)>>1;
      ROW3port= (row & 0004)>>2;
      ROW4port= (row & 0008)>>4;
      for (int count=0;count<20;count++)__Delay_ms(50);
      }

//read colum – break when the key press  is detected
      if (COLUM1port);break;Key++;
      if (COLUM2port);break;Key++;
      if (COLUM3port);break;Key++;

}
      ROW1port=0
      ROW2port=0;
      ROW3port=0;
      ROW4port=0;
      if (Key!=old_key)

{
      old_key=Key;
      return KeyPadMatrix[Key];
      }
      else
      {
      return KeyPadMatrix[0x0c];
      }
      }
      void Display_7segment(char c)
      {
      LATA=0x00;
      if ((C>’9′)||(c<‘0′))
      if (c==’*’)
      LATA=0x77;// Display ‘A’
      else if (c==’#’)
      LATA=0x76;// Display ‘H’
      else LATA=(0x00);
      else
      LATA=(Seven_seg[c-‘0′]);

}</span></div>
      <div><span>void main(void)
      {

char Keypress,Keyboard=’0’;
      kbd_int();

while (1)
      {
      Keypress=kbd_getc();

if (Keypress!=0xFF)
      {
      Keyboard=Keypress;
      }
      Display_7segment(Keyboard);
      }

return;
      }
      </span></div>

Participant

<div>here is the h file (configuration)</div>
      <div></div>
      <div>/* Microchip Technology Inc. and its subsidiaries.  You may use this software
      * and any derivatives exclusively with Microchip products.
      * THIS SOFTWARE IS SUPPLIED BY MICROCHIP “AS IS”.  NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER
      * EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, APPLY TO THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED
      * WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A
      * PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ITS INTERACTION WITH MICROCHIP PRODUCTS, COMBINATION
      * WITH ANY OTHER PRODUCTS, OR USE IN ANY APPLICATION.
      * IN NO EVENT WILL MICROCHIP BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE,
      * INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS, DAMAGE, COST OR EXPENSE OF ANY KIND
      * WHATSOEVER RELATED TO THE SOFTWARE, HOWEVER CAUSED, EVEN IF MICROCHIP HAS
      * BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR THE DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE.  TO THE
      * FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, MICROCHIP’S TOTAL LIABILITY ON ALL CLAIMS
      * IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THIS SOFTWARE WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF FEES, IF
      * ANY, THAT YOU HAVE PAID DIRECTLY TO MICROCHIP FOR THIS SOFTWARE.
      * MICROCHIP PROVIDES THIS SOFTWARE CONDITIONALLY UPON YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE
      * TERMS.
      */</div>
      <div>/*
      * File:
      * Author:
      * Comments:
      * Revision history:
      */</div>
      <div>// This is a guard condition so that contents of this file are not included
      // more than once.
      // PIC18F26K20 Configuration Bit Settings</div>
      <div>// ‘C’ source line config statements</div>
      <div>// CONFIG1H
      #pragma config FOSC = INTIO67   // Oscillator Selection bits (Internal oscillator block, port function on RA6 and RA7)
      #pragma config FCMEN = OFF      // Fail-Safe Clock Monitor Enable bit (Fail-Safe Clock Monitor disabled)
      #pragma config IESO = OFF       // Internal/External Oscillator Switchover bit (Oscillator Switchover mode disabled)</div>
      <div>// CONFIG2L
      #pragma config PWRT = OFF       // Power-up Timer Enable bit (PWRT disabled)
      #pragma config BOREN = SBORDIS  // Brown-out Reset Enable bits (Brown-out Reset enabled in hardware only (SBOREN is disabled))
      #pragma config BORV = 18        // Brown Out Reset Voltage bits (VBOR set to 1.8 V nominal)</div>
      <div>// CONFIG2H
      #pragma config WDTEN = ON       // Watchdog Timer Enable bit (WDT is always enabled. SWDTEN bit has no effect)
      #pragma config WDTPS = 32768    // Watchdog Timer Postscale Select bits (1:32768)</div>
      <div>// CONFIG3H
      #pragma config CCP2MX = PORTC   // CCP2 MUX bit (CCP2 input/output is multiplexed with RC1)
      #pragma config PBADEN = OFF     // PORTB A/D Enable bit (PORTB<4:0> pins are configured as digital I/O on Reset)
      #pragma config LPT1OSC = OFF    // Low-Power Timer1 Oscillator Enable bit (Timer1 configured for higher power operation)
      #pragma config HFOFST = ON      // HFINTOSC Fast Start-up (HFINTOSC starts clocking the CPU without waiting for the oscillator to stablize.)
      #pragma config MCLRE = ON       // MCLR Pin Enable bit (MCLR pin enabled; RE3 input pin disabled)</div>
      <div>// CONFIG4L
      #pragma config STVREN = ON      // Stack Full/Underflow Reset Enable bit (Stack full/underflow will cause Reset)
      #pragma config LVP = ON         // Single-Supply ICSP Enable bit (Single-Supply ICSP enabled)
      #pragma config XINST = OFF      // Extended Instruction Set Enable bit (Instruction set extension and Indexed Addressing mode disabled (Legacy mode))</div>
      <div>// CONFIG5L
      #pragma config CP0 = OFF        // Code Protection Block 0 (Block 0 (000800-003FFFh) not code-protected)
      #pragma config CP1 = OFF        // Code Protection Block 1 (Block 1 (004000-007FFFh) not code-protected)
      #pragma config CP2 = OFF        // Code Protection Block 2 (Block 2 (008000-00BFFFh) not code-protected)
      #pragma config CP3 = OFF        // Code Protection Block 3 (Block 3 (00C000-00FFFFh) not code-protected)</div>
      <div>// CONFIG5H
      #pragma config CPB = OFF        // Boot Block Code Protection bit (Boot block (000000-0007FFh) not code-protected)
      #pragma config CPD = OFF        // Data EEPROM Code Protection bit (Data EEPROM not code-protected)</div>
      <div>// CONFIG6L
      #pragma config WRT0 = OFF       // Write Protection Block 0 (Block 0 (000800-003FFFh) not write-protected)
      #pragma config WRT1 = OFF       // Write Protection Block 1 (Block 1 (004000-007FFFh) not write-protected)
      #pragma config WRT2 = OFF       // Write Protection Block 2 (Block 2 (008000-00BFFFh) not write-protected)
      #pragma config WRT3 = OFF       // Write Protection Block 3 (Block 3 (00C000h-00FFFFh) not write-protected)</div>
      <div>// CONFIG6H
      #pragma config WRTC = OFF       // Configuration Register Write Protection bit (Configuration registers (300000-3000FFh) not write-protected)
      #pragma config WRTB = OFF       // Boot Block Write Protection bit (Boot Block (000000-0007FFh) not write-protected)
      #pragma config WRTD = OFF       // Data EEPROM Write Protection bit (Data EEPROM not write-protected)</div>
      <div>// CONFIG7L
      #pragma config EBTR0 = OFF      // Table Read Protection Block 0 (Block 0 (000800-003FFFh) not protected from table reads executed in other blocks)
      #pragma config EBTR1 = OFF      // Table Read Protection Block 1 (Block 1 (004000-007FFFh) not protected from table reads executed in other blocks)
      #pragma config EBTR2 = OFF      // Table Read Protection Block 2 (Block 2 (008000-00BFFFh) not protected from table reads executed in other blocks)
      #pragma config EBTR3 = OFF      // Table Read Protection Block 3 (Block 3 (00C000-00FFFFh) not protected from table reads executed in other blocks)</div>
      <div>// CONFIG7H
      #pragma config EBTRB = OFF      // Boot Block Table Read Protection bit (Boot Block (000000-0007FFh) not protected from table reads executed in other blocks)</div>
      <div>// #pragma config statements should precede project file includes.
      // Use project enums instead of #define for ON and OFF.</div>
      <div>#include <xc.h>
      #define __XTAL_FREQ 8000000</div>

Keymaster

Hi, But you are still not providing all the key information. What is the PIC model you are using? I assume you are using the PIC18F26K20 based on your configuration bits code.

Are you running your code in simulation (like Proteus) or in hardware (like PCB or breadboard)?

What error messages are you getting? We can’t guess what problems you are facing if you can’t tell them. Post your full error messages, this will point to the source of the error.

If you need to post your code, our website firewall blocks the unknown file extensions. Always zip your code with .zip extension only.

Participant

I am using  pic 18f26K20 and I <span style=”display: inline !important; float: none; background-color: #ffffff; color: #333333; cursor: text; font-family: Georgia,’Times New Roman’,’Bitstream Charter’,Times,serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;”> am using </span>proteus to simulate things

I tried to send the zip file but it couldn’t go through that is why I copied the code

here is the erros that I am having

<span>Matrix_Keypad.c:64:13: error: expression is not assignable
      ROW1port=0
      ~~~~~~~~^
      Matrix_Keypad.c:66:13: error: expression is not assignable
      ROW3port=0;
      ~~~~~~~~^
      Matrix_Keypad.c:67:13: error: expression is not assignable
      ROW4port=0;
      ~~~~~~~~^</span>

attached is my zip file

Keymaster

Please upload your code in .zip format not .rar format so that I can build it on my side to see your error. You did not post the full error and log messages

Keymaster
      Participant

hi

I hope that you are doing well , I managed to make a zip file

Attached  is my zip file

Attachments:
      Keymaster

I can see you just want to waste time, you don’t want this topic to be concluded.

Why do you attach the .C and .H files?  It’s the same code that you have already posted in the forum. I asked you to upload the full project so that I can build it on my side and see the errors you are getting so that I can assist you.

How can I build individual files? If I create a project and add these files into the new project, it won’t be the same project that you created, it might work on my side but fail on your side. That’s why you must attach your Full zipped project, preferably with Proteus project as well, so that we can test.

Participant

hi

I am sorry again for not doing the right thing so that I can be able to   receive  helps from you

For this time I try to provide more files than before ,I also tried to check the code that I sent before and  I have found some mistakes which I did correct , therefore now I am having other ones.

I will send them (errors) and can u kindly explain to me that part of scanning the row I don’t  think I got it properly as reference in the code I wrote on the top of that part a comment saying “IMPORTANT PART OF THE CODE ”

here is my errors and Attached is all the file needed
      <div><span>CLEAN SUCCESSFUL (total time: 23ms)
      make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf
      make[1]: Entering directory ‘D:/PDF/Internship P1/Matrix_Keypad.X’
      make  -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk dist/default/production/Matrix_Keypad.X.production.hex
      make[2]: Entering directory ‘D:/PDF/Internship P1/Matrix_Keypad.X’
      “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc8\v2.10\bin\xc8-cc.exe”  -mcpu=18F26K20 -c    -fno-short-double -fno-short-float -memi=wordwrite -O0 -fasmfile -maddrqual=ignore -xassembler-with-cpp -mwarn=-3 -Wa,-a -DXPRJ_default=default  -msummary=-psect,-class,+mem,-hex,-file  -ginhx032 -Wl,–data-init -mno-keep-startup -mno-download -mdefault-config-bits   -std=c99 -gdwarf-3 -mstack=compiled:auto:auto:auto     -o build/default/production/Matrix_Keypad1.p1 Matrix_Keypad1.c
      Matrix_Keypad1.c:32:20: error: expected ‘)’
      __delay_ms(50);
      ^
      Matrix_Keypad1.c:32:9: note: to match this ‘(‘
      __delay_ms(50);
      ^
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc8\v2.10\pic\include\pic18.h:194:46: note: expanded from macro ‘__delay_ms’
      #define __delay_ms(x) _delay((unsigned long)((x)*(_XTAL_FREQ/4000.0)))
      ^
      Matrix_Keypad1.c:32:20: warning: type specifier missing, defaults to ‘int’ [-Wimplicit-int]
      __delay_ms(50);
      ^
      Matrix_Keypad1.c:32:9: error: expected ‘)’
      __delay_ms(50);
      ^
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc8\v2.10\pic\include\pic18.h:194:49: note: expanded from macro ‘__delay_ms’
      ^
      Matrix_Keypad1.c:32:9: note: to match this ‘(‘
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc8\v2.10\pic\include\pic18.h:194:45: note: expanded from macro ‘__delay_ms’
      ^
      Matrix_Keypad1.c:32:9: warning: type specifier missing, defaults to ‘int’ [-Wimplicit-int]
      __delay_ms(50);
      ^
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc8\v2.10\pic\include\pic18.h:194:31: note: expanded from macro ‘__delay_ms’
      ^
      Matrix_Keypad1.c:32:9: error: function cannot return function type ‘int (int)’
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc8\v2.10\pic\include\pic18.h:194:30: note: expanded from macro ‘__delay_ms’
      ^
      Matrix_Keypad1.c:32:9: warning: type specifier missing, defaults to ‘int’ [-Wimplicit-int]
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc8\v2.10\pic\include\pic18.h:194:23: note: expanded from macro ‘__delay_ms’
      ^
      Matrix_Keypad1.c:65:8: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘_XTAL_FREQ’
      __delay_ms(1);
      ^
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc8\v2.10\pic\include\pic18.h:194:51: note: expanded from macro ‘__delay_ms’
      ^
      3 warnings and 4 errors generated.
      (908) exit status = 1
      nbproject/Makefile-default.mk:107: recipe for target ‘build/default/production/Matrix_Keypad1.p1’ failed
      make[2]: Leaving directory ‘D:/PDF/Internship P1/Matrix_Keypad.X’
      nbproject/Makefile-default.mk:91: recipe for target ‘.build-conf’ failed
      make[1]: Leaving directory ‘D:/PDF/Internship P1/Matrix_Keypad.X’
      nbproject/Makefile-impl.mk:39: recipe for target ‘.build-impl’ failed
      make[2]: *** [build/default/production/Matrix_Keypad1.p1] Error 1
      make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
      make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2</span></div>
      <div><span>BUILD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 7s)</span></div>

Attachments:
      Keymaster

Is it difficult for you to post a full MPLAB project instead of individual C and H files? How can I compile files so that I can see those errors you are getting? Am I not clear?

Participant

Good morning

I hope that you are well .

I hope for the time I am sending the right files , but can you please tell me which file is it missing among those ones that  I sent so that I can know which one to send again please

Attached is all the file for Matrix_Keypad  but there is no hex file  because of errors

Attachments:
      Participant

here are new errors

<div><span>CLEAN SUCCESSFUL (total time: 15ms)
      make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf
      make[1]: Entering directory ‘D:/PDF/Internship P1/Matrix_Keypad.X’
      make  -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk dist/default/production/Matrix_Keypad.X.production.hex
      make[2]: Entering directory ‘D:/PDF/Internship P1/Matrix_Keypad.X’
      “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc8\v2.10\bin\xc8-cc.exe”  -mcpu=MCV20USB -c    -fno-short-double -fno-short-float -memi=wordwrite -O0 -fasmfile -maddrqual=ignore -xassembler-with-cpp -mwarn=-3 -Wa,-a -DXPRJ_default=default  -msummary=-psect,-class,+mem,-hex,-file  -ginhx032 -Wl,–data-init -mno-keep-startup -mno-download -mdefault-config-bits   -std=c99 -gdwarf-3 -mstack=compiled:auto:auto:auto     -o build/default/production/Matrix_Keypad1.p1 Matrix_Keypad1.c
      (908) exit status = 1
      nbproject/Makefile-default.mk:107: recipe for target ‘build/default/production/Matrix_Keypad1.p1’ failed
      make[2]: Leaving directory ‘D:/PDF/Internship P1/Matrix_Keypad.X’
      nbproject/Makefile-default.mk:91: recipe for target ‘.build-conf’ failed
      make[1]: Leaving directory ‘D:/PDF/Internship P1/Matrix_Keypad.X’
      nbproject/Makefile-impl.mk:39: recipe for target ‘.build-impl’ failed
      ::: error: (141) can’t open chip info file “(null)”: Invalid argument
      make[2]: *** [build/default/production/Matrix_Keypad1.p1] Error 1
      make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
      make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2</span></div>
      <div><span>BUILD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 1s)</span></div>

Keymaster

Your problem you are not sending a project, you are sending individual files which I cannot open with MPLAB X IDE. The MPLAB project file has an extension of .X

When you create an MPLAB project, you select a folder and give it a name. Zip that folder it will have all the files needed included MPLAB project settings, Makefile, etc.

If you can’t zip that folder, please read this article to learn how you can zip the whole project: https://microchipdeveloper.com/mplabx:projects-package

Participant

Good morning

Attached is the zip file

Attachments:
      Keymaster

We have compiled your project, it did not generate any errors, it build successfully. There is nothing to fix. I built it with XC8 v1.45 and also with XC8 v2.05 in C99 or C90 mode with no problems. There might be something else on your PC.

Try to close and open your project, or try to Clean and Build project (After the build icon, the next with a hammer and brush is Clean and Build project).

See attached image:

Attachments:
      Participant

good morning

thanks a lot for your assistance , I am fine now

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Select your currency
ZAR South African rand
EUR Euro