Forum Replies Created
Can I use a different PIC18F series for this project: Automatic Temperature Control System? Instead of the PIC18F45K22?
Most of PIC18F or even PIC16F series can be used as long as they’ve got enough pins and memory.
- 19/07/2017 at 08:57 in reply to: MCLR is low processor in Automatic Temperature Control System #2465
Sir when I simulate this project, it shows the error “MCLR is low processor is in reset state”
What does that mean and how can I resolve it?
I want the hex file of Automatic Temperature Control System with mikroC project. (firstname.lastname@example.org) Please sir.
- 19/07/2017 at 09:25 in reply to: Can I use PIC16F877A as the microcontroller for Automatic Temperature Control ? #2467
Good day. Can I use PIC16F877A as a microcntroller for this project?
I am an electronics engineering student and we usually use PIC16F877A.
- 19/07/2017 at 09:37 in reply to: Can I use PIC16F877A as the microcontroller for Automatic Temperature Control ? #2469
Yes you can use PIC16F877A as a microcntroller. You’ll have to make some small modification for this project to work, like changing LAT register to PORT, removing the ANSELx with appropriate configuration
- 19/07/2017 at 09:39 in reply to: Can I use PIC16F877A as the microcontroller for Automatic Temperature Control ? #2470
PIC16F877A does not have ANSEL registers. It will give you error messages if you use ANSELC = 0 or ANSELB=0. You can use ADCON1 instead if you want to configure these pins as digital pins as you can’t connect a keypad or relay to an analog input.
- 19/07/2017 at 09:42 in reply to: MCLR is low processor in Automatic Temperature Control System #2471
It;s probably you did not connect the MCLR pin to positive supply voltage (+5v) as demonstrated on the circuit diagram on figure 2.
- 19/07/2017 at 12:38 in reply to: MCLR is low processor in Automatic Temperature Control System #2474
It’s likely that you did not connect your MCLR pin to supply positive voltage (+5V).
- 20/07/2017 at 11:06 in reply to: How to use FatFs library in MPLAB XC8 without MPLAB Code Configurater? #2499
I want to use FatFs library in MPLAB XC8 without MCC because I’m using PIC18F4620 which is not a MCC supported device. I downloaded the FatFs library and added it in project. Now how do I link my controller’s SPI module to FatFs library (diskio.h and diskio.c)????
- 20/07/2017 at 12:48 in reply to: How to use FatFs library in MPLAB XC8 without MPLAB Code Configurater? #2501
You can use PIC18F peripheral libraries SPI functions. You need to modify the diskio.h file to use the Peripheral library functions instead of MCC functions like the openSPI and writeSPI functions.
Please read on this article at the bottom we explained how to use PIC18F peripheral libraries functions: SPI Communication with PIC
- 20/07/2017 at 13:28 in reply to: How to use FatFs library in MPLAB XC8 without MPLAB Code Configurater? #2502
You can change these functions in diskio.h if you are using PIC18F Peripheral Libraries:
#define sd_init() SPI1_Initialize() with OpenSPI()
#define sd_open() SPI1_Open()
#define sd_tx(d) SPI1_Exchange8bit(d) with WriteSPI()
#define sd_rx() SPI1_Exchange8bit(0xFF) with ReadSPI()
What XC8 compiler version are you using?
hi please sir if i possible i have a project and if you can help me please ? actually i want to integrate in a pic18f4550 a web user interface to configure for exemple period to send mesure from dht22 sensor to a web application whith esp8266 or changing date or time (like router configuration interface ). i used enc28j60. I am going to create this interface with HTML and after i will put it in main.c with MPLAB xc8. is that possible ? and have you any idea ? please.
Please write in the visual tab, not the text tab as it displaying your messages inside html tags.
Hi. I hope we understood your question which is a bit vague.
You can embed an HTML page into your code as we have done in this project: Web based control and monitoring with PIC microcontroller.
You can read this article to learn more how to code an simple HTML page: Creating Web pages using HML.
make sure all your code especially HTML is not big enough for this chosen PIC.
Why do you need to use ENC28J60 which provide a wired based Ethernet connection with ESP8266 which is wireless(WiFi)?