Introduction to Programming Microcontrollers with Flowcode V5Bitahwa Bindu
Watch the Video Tutorial
The aim of this course is to teach you how to develop microcontroller based electronic systems using Flowcode.
No prior knowledge of programming is required to start this course but a basic knowledge of PIC microcontrollers is necessary.
By completing this course you will be able to program not only simple projects like flashing an LED but also complex projects involving LCD displays, analogue sensors, SD cards, Real time clocks, RS232/RS485, GPS, GSM, Bluetooth…
What is Flowcode
There are already many compilers out there to program PIC microcontrollers in many languages like C and Basic but why use Flowcode?
Flowcode is one of the World’s most advanced graphical programming languages for microcontrollers.
Flowcode allows you to create microcontroller applications by just dragging and dropping icons on to a flowchart to create programs.
These programs can control external devices attached to the microcontroller such as LED’s, LCD or read external devices connected to the microcontroller such as switches, keypad etc.
Once you have designed your flowchart, you can simulate your project to see how it will behave once compiled and transferred to a PIC.
ADVANTAGES OF FLOWCODE
- The great advantage of Flowcode is that it allows those with very little experience in programming to create complex electronic systems in minutes.
- Easy to use interface Simply drag and drop icons on-screen to create an electronic system without writing traditional code line by line
- Fast and flexible Flowcode has a host of high level component subroutines which means rapid system development and easy to interface to external peripherals.
- What you design and simulate on screen is the result you get when you download to your microcontroller, so no error is expected.
- Flowcode allows you to view C and Assembly code for all programs created and customize them, this can also be great for somebody who is learning C or assembly programming.
FEATURES OF FLOWCODE
- Flowcode supports a wide range of microcontrollers: PIC10, 12, 16, 18, dsPIC, PIC24 series, Atmel AVR, Atmel ARM by using different version of flowcode.
- A wide range of communication systems by just a simple drag and drop icons on the screen: Bluetooth, CAN, FAT, GPS, GSM, I2C, IrDA, LIN, MIDI, One wire, RC5, RF, RFID, RS232, RS485, SPI, TCP/IP, USB, Wireless LAN, Zigbee.
- Supported components Analog to Digital Converters, LEDs, switches, keypads, LCDs, Graphical colour LCD, Graphical mono LCDs, Sensors, 7-segment displays, Internal EEPROM, comms systems, Touchscreen LCD, Webserver. Supported mechatronics Accelerometer, PWM, Servo, Stepper, Speech.
- Panel designer of your choice on-screen and simulate it and many more.
VERSIONS OF FLOWCODE V5
|Free Version||Home Version||Flowcode Pro||Flowcode 10 concurrent users||Flowcode 50 concurrent users||Annual student rental|
|Code size limit||2Kb||4Kb||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|In Circuit Debug||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Licence for commercial use||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|Multi-user licence for education||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No|
You can buy flowcode or download a free version at Matrix Multimedia website.