Dot Matrix Module Display Screen – MAX7219
Dot Matrix Module Display Screen using the MAX7219 LED Matrix/Digit Display Driver
Note: Specifications, Prices & Availability may change without notice. Images are for illustration purposes only. E&OE
- TECHNICAL DETAILS & TUTORIAL
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Controlling a lot of LEDs is challenging, the commonly used technique is multiplexing, but when there are so many LEDs involved like 64 LEDs (say), you might need 16 pins (8×8)and 8 power transistors (or a power register/latch, that can supply over 100mA per pin) AND you have to constantly refresh the display to keep the image stable.
The MAX7219 in this Dot Matrix Module simplifies all the work for you, it controls and refreshes the screen while driving either an 8×8 matrix display or 8 x 7-segment displays (usually these also have a dot so its really an 8-segment display) – 64 LEDs total.
All you have to do is send it serial commands via the 4-pin SPI interface and it will take care of the rest. Wiring is simplified as well, you only need to set the current level for all LEDs with a single resistor instead of 8 and you can also dim the entire display digitally.
1 x MAX7219 Dot Matrix Module
5 x Dupont line (20cm)
- A single module can drive an 8 x 8 common cathode lattice
- Operating voltage: 5V
- Size: 5 x 3.2 x 1.5 cm (L x W x H)
- LED color: red
- With four screws hole, aperture 3mm
- With input and output interfaces, supports multiple modules cascade
- CS →P21
- VCC and GND is not reversed, it would burn the chip!
- 2. When the 51 microcontroller P0 port controlling, must be connected to the pull-up resistor, it is recommended that the resistance of 4.7K--10K
- 3. Please install lattice into the round hole first, and then insert the round hole to PCB board and weld. Face the side of lattice with words, from left to right pin order is 123456. PCB board 1st pin is square pad!
- 4.Electrolytic capacitors long-pin as positive, short-pin as negative; ceramic capacitor hsa no positive and negative points
|Dimensions||5 × 3.2 × 1.5 cm|