FT232RL USB to serial chip – SMD
The FTDI Chip FT232R is a USB to serial UART interface with optional clock generator output.You can use it to design a USB to TTL converter.
Note: Specifications, Prices & Availability may change without notice. Images are for illustration purposes only. E&OE
- TECHNICAL DETAILS & TUTORIAL
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
The FTDI Chip FT232R is a USB to serial UART interface with optional clock generator output. Asynchronous and synchronous bit bang interface modes are also available. Together with EEPROM, clock circuit and USB resistors effectively makes it a “3 in 1” chip for some applications. The internally generated clock (6 MHz, 12 MHz, 24 MHz, and 48 MHz) can be used to drive a microcontroller or external logic.
A unique number, the FTDIChip-ID, is burnt into the device during manufacture and is readable over USB, thus forming the basis of a security dongle. It can then be used to protect customer application software from being copied. Royalty-free drivers for the most common operating systems are available from FTDI website: http://www.ftdichip.com
You can use this chip to design a USB to TTL converter.
- Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB-specific firmware programming required.
- Fully integrated 1024-bit EEPROM storing device descriptors and CBUS I/O configuration.
- Fully integrated USB termination resistors.
- Fully integrated clock generation with no external crystal required plus optional clock output
- Data transfer rates from 300 Baud to 3 MBaud (RS422, RS485, RS232) at TTL levels.
- 128 B receive buffer and 256 B transmit buffer utilising buffer smoothing technology to allow for high data throughput
|Mounting Type||Surface Mount|
|Dimensions||10.2 x 5.3 x 1.75mm|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||+85 °C|
|Minimum Operating Temperature||-40 °C|
FTDI Semiconductor company