MLX90614ESF Contactless Infrared Body Temperature Sensor Module
MLX90614ESF Contactless Infrared Body Temperature Sensor Module can be used with Arduino or any microcontroller through I2C interface.
Note: Specifications, Prices & Availability may change without notice. Images are for illustration purposes only. E&OE
Click on the Add to waiting list button below with your email address to get notified when this item is back in stock.
- TECHNICAL DETAILS & TUTORIAL
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
The MLX90614ESF Contactless Infrared Body Temperature Sensor Module can be used with Arduino or any microcontroller that can communicate with it through it’s I2C interface. This sensor comes with a breakout board with all of the components needed for operation and a set of headers pins.
It has a huge number of applications including body temperature measurement and movement detection.
An internal 17-bit ADC and a powerful DSP contribute to the MLX90614’s high accuracy and resolution. The MLX90614 provides two methods of output: PWM and SMBus (i.e. TWI, I2C). The 10-bit PWM output provides a resolution of 0.14°C, while the TWI interface has a resolution of 0.02°C. The MLX90614 is factory calibrated in wide temperature ranges: -40 to 85°C for the ambient temperature and -70 to 382.2°C for the object temperature
The measured value is the average temperature of all objects in the Field Of View of the sensor. The MLX90614 offers a standard accuracy of 0.5°C around room temperatures.
- High precision non-contact temperature measurements.
- Thermal Comfort sensor for Mobile AirConditioning control system.
- Temperature sensing element for residential, commercial and industrial use.
- Automotive blind angle detection.
- Industrial temperature control of moving parts.
- Temperature control in printers and copiers.
- Home appliances with temperature control.
- Livestock monitoring.
- Movement detection.
- Multiple zone temperature control – up to 127sensors can be read via common 2 wires.
- Thermal relay/alert.
- Body temperature measurement.
- Small size, low cost
- Easy to integrate
- Factory calibrated in wide temperature range:
- -40 to +85°C for sensor temperature
- -70 to +380°C for object temperature
- SMBus compatible digital interface
- Customizable PWM output for continuous reading
- High accuracy of 0.5°C over wide temperature range (0 to +50°C for both Ta and To)
- Measurement resolution of 0.02°C
- Single and dual zone versions
- Simple adaptation for 8 to 16V applications
- Power saving mode
- Different package options for applications and measurements versatility
- Automotive grade