MPLAB® PICkit™ 4 In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer
MPLAB® PICkit™ 4 In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer for PIC® and dsPIC® microcontrollers.
Note: Specifications, Prices & Availability may change without notice. Images are for illustration purposes only. E&OE
- TECHNICAL DETAILS & TUTORIAL
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
The MPLAB® PICkit™ 4 In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer allows fast and easy debugging and programming of PIC® and dsPIC® flash microcontrollers, using the powerful graphical user interface of MPLAB X IDE.
The MPLAB PICkit 4 is connected to the design engineer’s computer using a high-speed 2.0 USB interface and can be connected to the target via an 8-pin Single In-Line (SIL) connector. The connector uses two device I/O pins and the reset line to implement in-circuit debugging and In-Circuit Serial Programming™ (ICSP™).
The MPLAB PICkit 4 programs faster than its predecessor and comes ready to support PIC® and dsPIC® MCU devices. Along with a wider target voltage, the PICkit 4 supports advanced interfaces such as 4-wire JTAG and Serial Wire Debug with streaming Data Gateway, while being backward compatible for demo boards, headers and target systems using 2-wire JTAG and ICSP. The PICkit 4 also has a unique programmer-to-go function with the addition of a micro SD card slot to hold project code and the ability to be powered by the target board.*
*This functionality is coming soon with firmware update of the product through MPLAB X IDE.
- Matches silicon clocking speed: Programs as fast as the device will allow
- Target voltage of 1.20V to 5.5V: Wide target voltage supports a variety of devices
- Can supply up to 50mA of power to the target: Can be powered from the target to program in the field*
- Minimal current consumption at <100µA from target
- Portable USB-powered and RoHS-compliant
- Powered by a high-speed USB 2.0, no external power required
- CE and RoHS-compliant
- 8-pin single in-line header: Supports advanced interfaces such as 4-wire JTAG and Serial Wire Debug with streaming Data Gateway
- Compatibility: Backward compatible for demo boards, headers and target systems using 2-wire JTAG and ICSP
- Option to be self-powered from the target (2.7V to 5.5V)
- Programmer-to-Go (PTG) support*
- SD card slot to holds program data
- Press on the logo to program the target
- Cost effective: Features and performance at a fraction of the cost of comparable debugger/programmers
- Ease of maintenance and feature upgrade: Add new device support and features by installing the latest version of MPLAB X IDE, which is available as a free download at http://www.microchip.com/mplab/mplab-x-ide
- MPLAB PICkit 4 In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer
- USB to micro-B USB cable
- Warranty card
- 2 MPLAB PICKit 4 stickers
- MPLAB X IDE version 4.15 or later
- PC-compatible system with an Intel® Pentium® class or higher processor, or equivalent
- Available USB port
- Microsoft Windows® 7 or later, Mac OSX® and Linux® operating systems
To check supported devices: If you have MPLAB X IDE installed, you can browse to the “docs” folder under your MPLAB X installation directory and open the file “Device Support.htm”. Alternatively, you can download it from this link: http://www.microchip.com/mplabx-ide-release-notes
* This functionality is coming soon with firmware update of the product through MPLAB X IDE.
For more information, please visit: www.microchip.com/pickit4
Getting Started with the NEW MPLAB® PICkit™ 4 In-Circuit Debugger Webinar
How to Program a PIC® MCU with PICkit™ 4 In-Circuit Debugger