MPLAB® Snap In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer
MPLAB® Snap affordable In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer for PIC/dsPIC/AVR (Atmel) microcontrollers.
Note: Specifications, Prices & Availability may change without notice. Images are for illustration purposes only. E&OE
- TECHNICAL DETAILS & TUTORIAL
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
The MPLAB® Snap In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer is an ultra-low priced, fast and easy debugging and programming tool for most PIC®, dsPIC®, AVR or DSC devices using the powerful graphical user interface of MPLAB X IDE version 5.05 or later.
It will also work with 32-bit based microcontroller, such as SAM, CEC and PIC32 devices.
It’s a mini PICKIT 4 for projects not requiring high-voltage programming or advanced debug features. Therefore, it supports many of Microchip’s newer MCU offerings but not some legacy products.
Along with a wide target voltage, the MPLAB Snap supports advanced interfaces such as 4-wire JTAG and Serial Wire Debug with streaming data gateway, while being backward compatible for demo boards, headers and target systems using 2-wire JTAG and ICSP.
The MPLAB Snap can be connected to a computer using a High-Speed USB 2.0 interface and can be connected to the target via an 8-pin Single In-Line (SIL) connector. The connector uses two device I/O pins and the reset line to implement in-circuit debugging and In-Circuit Serial Programming™ (ICSP™). It has all the speed and features entry-level users need to quickly debug their prototype.
- Matches silicon clocking speed: Programs as fast as the device will allow
- Target voltage of 1.20V to 5.5V: Wide target voltage supports a variety of devices
- Portable USB-powered: Powered by a high-speed USB 2.0, no external power required
- CE and RoHS-compliant
- 8-pin single in-line header: Supports advanced interfaces such as 4-wire JTAG and Serial Wire Debug with streaming data gateway
- Compatibility: Backward compatible for demo boards, headers and target systems using 2-wire JTAG and ICSP
- Ease of maintenance and feature upgrade: Add new device support and features by installing the latest version of MPLAB X IDE, which is available as a free download at http://www.microchip.com/mplab/mplab-x-ide
- MPLAB Snap In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer
- MPLAB X IDE version 5.05 or later
- PC-compatible system with an Intel® Pentium® class or higher processor, or equivalent
- Available USB port
- Microsoft Windows® 7 or later, Mac OSX® and Linux® operating systems
To check supported devices: If you have MPLAB X IDE installed, you can browse to the “docs” folder under your MPLAB X installation directory and open the file “Device Support.htm”. Alternatively, you can download it from this link: http://www.microchip.com/mplabx-ide-release-notes
Download MPLAB Snap In-Circuit Debugger Information Sheet
For more information, please visit: www.microchip.com/snap
Unboxing the New MPLAB® Snap Debugger
The pinouts for the MPLAB Snap are the same as the MPLAB PICkit 4 In-Circuit Debugger. Refer to the video below to learn more: How to Program a PIC® MCU with PICkit™ 4 In-Circuit Debugger