PIC18F4550 – 8bit PIC Microcontroller, 48MHz, 32KB, 2KB, USB
PIC18F4550-I/P – 8 Bit MCU, Flash, PIC18 Family PIC18F5x Series Microcontrollers, 48MHz, 32KB, 2KB, USB 2.0 Module, 40 Pins.
Note: Specifications, Prices & Availability may change without notice. Images are for illustration purposes only. E&OE
- TECHNICAL DETAILS & TUTORIAL
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
The PIC18F4550-I/P is one of the most popular 8-bit microcontroller with full speed USB 2.0 (12Mbit/s) interface.
it’s ideal for low power (nanoWatt) and connectivity applications that benefit from the availability of three serial ports: FS-USB(12Mbit/s), I²C™ and SPI™ (up to 10 Mbit/s) and an asynchronous (LIN capable) serial port (EUSART). Large amounts of RAM memory for buffering and Enhanced Flash program memory make it ideal for embedded control and monitoring applications that require periodic connection with a (legacy free) personal computer via USB for data upload/download and/or firmware updates.
Despite its popularity, it’s a bit old now. For new designs, please see the PIC18F45K50 which is compatible in most aspect with the PIC18F4550 but cheaper and has more features than this old one and is supported by MPLAB Code Configurator (MCC) to speedup and simplify your USB design projects. You can check the comparisons between these two chips from this page below:
- Program Memory Type: Flash
- Program Memory Size (KB): 32
- CPU Speed (MIPS/DMIPS): 12
- SRAM Bytes: 2,048
- Data EEPROM/HEF (bytes): 256
- Digital Communication Peripherals: 1-UART, 1-SPI, 1-I2C1-MSSP(SPI/I2C)
- Capture/Compare/PWM Peripherals: 1 CCP, 1 ECCP,
- Timers: 1 x 8-bit, 3 x 16-bit
- ADC Input: 13 ch, 10-bit
- Number of Comparators: 2
- Number of USB Modules: 1, FS Device
- Temperature Range (C): -40 to 85
- Operating Voltage Range (V): 4.2 to 5.5:
- Pin Count: 40